YumTum Strategy Guide: March 2012

Sunday 4 March 2012

It's that time again...for the next edition of the Toronto Underground Market! With so many delicious things to eat, a tummy space strategy is an absolute must and I think I may have devised a suitable attack plan ;)

1) Bring lots of friends (or a very hungry friend) to share food with - For my first TUM, I partnered with a fellow foodie and together we were able to sample 8 different dishes by splitting everything in half. Great teamwork!

For my second TUM, I got greedy and didn't share anything so was only able to try 3 different items - an epic fail since I supposedly missed out on a very delicious pierogi poutine :(

2) Take advantage of the sneak peek album on Facebook and rely on your friendly neighbourhood blogger to unofficially scour the Internet for additional info on vendor menus - I can't guarantee this info will be 100% accurate upon arrival, but my efforts most definitely come from my tummy! Or err...my heart :)

Here are my top picks for Sunday!

ESE 
(L.A. style Mexican Food)

Torta Ahogada "Drowned Sandwich" 
(with honey chipotle glaze, Mexican pulled pork, spicy Latin slaw)

Photo Credit: ESE

Huitlacoche "Mexican Truffle" Taquito
(with yuca and queso, garnish of pickled onions, salsa de tomatillo con chile de arbol)

Photo Credit: ESE

Saffron Infused Horchata
(sweetened spiced rice milk)

Photo Credit: ESE


The Beech Tree
(English pub food)

Fish & Chips
(cod fish cakes, green pea pesto, handmade tartar sauce, hand-cut chips)

Photo Credit: The Beech Tree

Welsh Rarebit Fry-up
(hand-cut chips, flame scorched Collier's Welsh cheddar sauce garnished with sauteed leeks & double smoked bacon lardons)

Photo Credit: The Beech Tree

Victory Garden Croquettes
(panko-crusted zucchini fritters with horseradish & herb yogurt sauce garnished with radish remoulade)


 Photo Credit: The Beech Tree 

(Latin inspired street food)

Cornbread Grilled Cheese Sandwich

(refried beans, caramelized onions with chipotle, guacamole and sour cream)

Photo Credit: Comida del Pueblo

If you can't make it to YumTum tonight, I'll also be live tweeting the event over @laimai and @thesummersocial too!

xo.

0 notes:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lai Mai All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger