Sunday Morning

Sunday 3 May 2009

Today is the last official day of my sick leave and already my body is waking me up at 7:15 am. As usual, I ate too much and now my stomach hurts, but I figured it was better to make breakfast instead of listening to the birdcall marathon happening outside my bedroom window. It is definitely spring mating season.

The past few days I've been feeling pretty displaced. My mind is moving 10x faster than my body and nothing about the 'real world' feels normal to me anymore. Sitting in restaurants, I feel like a spectator waiting to see which sitcom character will walk in next; driving in cars feels a bit like playing Super Mario Kart.

My new body feels weird to me too. People tell me I've lost weight but I can't see where; I'd like to buy new clothes but I have no idea how my body will keep changing with this thyroid condition.

Overall, I'm a little jumbled, a little lost, and a little like a Sunday morning crossword puzzle.

0 notes:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lai Mai All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger